It’s Awards Season!
(No, this isn’t about the Golden Globes or Academy Awards.)
Every year at District Assembly, the PCD recognizes the achievements of individuals and congregations in areas including social justice, community service, religious education, youth ministry, website design, generosity and growth.
How do we determine the recipients of these awards? We depend on you!
Nominations can be made by anyone familiar with the work of the individual or congregation.
We are requesting nomination for the following awards:
- Patti Lawrence Distinguished Service: For an individual UU who has provided exceptional leadership at the District level, not only by valued contributions to our religious movement but also by exemplifying our common values through their life.
- Junella Hanson Memorial Award for Excellence in Religious Education: For a UU who has demonstrated true excellence in teaching and faith development in the PCD.
- Moral Beacon Award: For a UU individual or a congregation that has demonstrated excellent work for social justice or community service in the PCD.
- Youth Programming Award: For a UU individual or congregation that has made a significant contribution to youth ministry.
- Youth Justice Award: For a UU youth who has demonstrated commitment to the work of unlearning racism, dismantling racial oppression, or building multicultural community.
- Best Website: For the congregation in the PCD with the most attractive and user-friendly website.
- Dynamic RE Award: For a congregation with innovative programs in either youth or adult religious exploration.
- Community Service Award: For an individual who has provided exceptional leadership in their congregation, not only by valued contributions to the congregation but also by exemplifying our common values through their life. Contributions to the wider community—beyond simply their congregation—are expected.
- Culture of Financial Generosity Award: For a congregation that has shown special creativity and innovation in building a culture of financial generosity.
- Norma Cordell Award for Prophetic Voice: Awarded to an individual, for telling the truth with love, demonstrating a commitment to addressing difficult issues within our congregations or district structure with sensitivity, wisdom, and courage.
- Small Congregation Award for Community Presence: For a congregation of less than 150 members that has made a difference in their community.
To review the details of the nomination process, please visit this link (http://www.pcduua.org/about-the-district/policies-procedures/pcd-awards-process/).
Please submit your nominations with specific details of the accomplishments and characteristics (no more than 1000 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 14th.