November 19, 2016
The role of the Pacific Central District (PCD) Board is to:
- As elected representative of PCD congregations, provide governance per the PCD by-laws, including:
- “work[ing] with PCD Staff and Committees to develop and implement the policies, goals, plans, and objectives of the District”,
- reporting out on these “policies, goals, plans, and objectives” at an “annual meeting”,
- a District Assembly “from time to time”,
- acting as the fiduciary to steward the financial resources of the PCD, and
- holding at least four board meetings per year.
- Support Congregational Life (CL) Staff in linking congregations to resources: staff, resources, best practices, training; and when appropriate, collaborating with CL staff to initiate or continue specific programs (e.g.: Beloved Conversations, Chalice Lighters).
- Serve as an extra set of eyes and ears for CL Staff, as well as holding CL leadership accountable to the Letter of Agreement between the Board and UUA-CL.
- Facilitate regional collaboration–in all forms that are useful (clusters, congregations working together in Multisite sharing, etc.).
- Direct and prioritize paid and volunteer district staff.